Here's a self-portrait.
Scaling and Renormalization in Statistical
Physics, 256 pp, ISBN 0521499593, CUP, 1996.
Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics and Turbulence,
G.Falkovich and K. Gawedski (co-authors); edited by S. Nazarenko and
O. Zaboronski, ISBN-13: 9780521715140, CUP, 2008.
Selected recent talks
- Earlier talks
- `2d Field Theory and Random Planar Sets: past and future' (Conformal Maps from Probability to Physics, Ascona, 2010)
- `The Ubiquitous `c': from the
Stefan-Boltzmann Law to Quantum Information' (Boltzmann Medal Lecture,
StatPhys24, Cairns, 2010)
- `Logarithmic CFTs as Limits of Ordinary CFTs, and some physical applications' (IHP, Paris, 2011)
- `Renormalisation Group Flows in Four Dimensions and the a-theorem' (Oxford, 2012)
- `Quantum Quench in Conformal Field Theory from a General Short-Range State' (GGI, Florence, 2012)
- `Boundary CFT from Strings to Percolation to Quantum Quenches' (Dirac Medal lecture, Trieste 2012)
- `Measuring Quantum Entanglement'
(Max Born Lecture, Goettingen, 2012)
- `The Legacy of Ken Wilson'
(Ken Wilson Memorial Session, StatPhys 25, Seoul, 2013)
- `Entanglement in Quantum Field Theory' (Cambridge, 2013)
- `Thermalization and Revivals after a Quantum Quench in a Finite System' (Nottingham, 2014)
Oxford Condensed Matter Theory homepage
Back to Theoretical Physics homepage
Back to Oxford Main Physics homepage
Professor J Cardy, FRS, Dept of Physics, Berkeley CA 94720, USA
E-mail: cardy 'AT' berkeley.edu
Last updated: July 2019